Jan 2, 2010

Pinwheel Summer and Happy New Year

A new painting freshly dried:

Pinwheel Summer

Original available in my Etsy Shop

I've been feeling cold this winter, so had to paint something warm. The grass is always greener on the other side, eh? When it is summer and hot, I wish it were cold. Ah well. Also I must say, that my scanner didn't do this little girl justice -- much more subtlety going on in person.
Happy New Year, everybody! The end of 2009 momentous things have been happening in my life; hence my scarcity here. I feel good things coming in 2010 and a renewed sense of getting my art life in order. Looking forward to seeing where God takes me. Yeehaw!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEAR from Ireland! New Year's day we woke to snow & -3 C nights. Brr...I refuse to come out of my sleeping bag. Anyway, I love your summer girl. 2009 we didn't get a summer. Just non-stop rain & cloudy skies. Hopefully, 2010 will let me dust off my pinwheel & watch it swirl in the breeze. -Bobbi

Fotf said...

Happy New Year Carmen, my mum has told me in the past that she see's me in on ef my painting and i have to say i see you clearly in this one. It is lovely though, warm and colourful :)

roz said...

Gorgeous

Anonymous said...

That is lovely. Happy New Year!

Susan Rodio Art said...

She is so lovely, I really like the background and the colours, so pretty :)

Elena said...

Hi Carmen! It's good to see you back in the blogging world. I'm glad exciting things are happening for you...and I LOVE your newest series. I notice that you're selling a lot of originals in your Etsy shop now....how's that working for you? Keep up the great work...I love each painting more than the last! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

sweet