Jun 26, 2009

Girls on the prairie

So here's my pioneer girl painting, all finished!

A Letter from Brother
8x10in Watercolor and colored pencil on hot press paper.
These two pioneer girls are reading a much-anticipated letter from their older brother, who has gone out further west beyond the prairie.

Original is HERE
Prints and such are HERE

Been a quiet day in the forest. A good day, really -- I think I have the best collectors in the world. :) (Art collectors, that is!)
I am still working on portrait-style Mr. Darcy and Lizzie paintings. Brother watching The Simpsons on another laptop here in my studio space, we'll see how working goes! I am feeling quiet, so I suppose that'll be all for now. There will be ice cream later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carmen, Oh I am thrilled to have your blog address. I follow the of Laura Ingalls Gunn and have a great interest in Laura Ingalls Wilder's life. I also blog with a young mom who lives a prairie life style who would love this print too. I will share all of your contact info on my blog.

blushing rose said...

I highly commend you & your exquisite talent ... it is beyond real. Soft, gentle, beautiful, loving ... you are fantastic. TYSM for sharing your art work with us.
TTFN ~Marydon

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!

Beedeebabee said...

Oh gosh! Your illustrations are so delightful! I love all your critters...I love them all! I will enjoy visiting here for sure!
Hugs, Paulette :o)

Aja said...

Very beautiful illustration!

Shipra Panosian said...

I've just now discovered you and have been utterly charmed with your illustrations. BEAUTIFUL!
I love that you're a follower of Christ too...icing on the cake. You have an official blog stalker from here on out.
Blessings.

Carmen Medlin said...

Thank you Shipra and everyone! :) You are all kind!