Apr 6, 2009

I can't help it

Good evening!
Right now, I am excited about this:

The lilac bush right out the front window is my favorite thing about spring. It smells so lovely. Every year I end up blogging about it, haha -- but I can't help it. The other wonderful thing about the lilac bush is that all the butterflies show up too! So far I've seen black swallowtails, monarchs, and some little brownish orange ones. Our finch feeder, normally completely swarmed with yellow finches, is now deserted. Methinks a natural food source has opened up somewhere now that spring is here. My hummingbirds are still visiting their feeder but not as often -- I'm sure they vastly prefer flower nectar when it can be had!
My niece went back home yesterday and I had to clean up the tornado path of toys and coloring supplies throughout the house, heh. It's fun when she comes. Also had to go through the outgrown baby clothes and sniffle a little bit, remembering when she used to wear them. Kids grow up SO fast! I decided I would do a little quilt type thing of fabric from her outgrown clothes. A few dresses I couldn't bear to cut up, though.
The other day whilst visiting a family friend's house I went out and took a bunch of pictures of "weeds", as my dad would say. ;) Really, it's wild mustard and very cheerful! This honey bee certainly thinks so.

My mommy's house also had some loveliness on her fruit trees in the front yard:

Alas, I have no art to share today since I've been rather busy with a couple of side jobs of late. Nothing terribly exciting, but I don't mind it and the extra money is a blessing.
It is almost baked potato time. Two nice ones in the oven as I type! Soon one of them will be accompanied by olive oil, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and pepita seeds. Oh, glory!
Last but not least, I've been awarded a little Kreativ Blogger award by the lovely Pixie Wildflower! Thank you, Cathy!

And I in turn dub Heather Sleightholm of Audrey Eclectic a most Kreativ Blogger. This is one of my favorite blogs to read (not to mention the drool-worthy artwork), so go check it out!! It's all about nostalgic, olden days prairie goodness.
Off I go then...

3 comments:

Fotf said...

Lovely read, the signs of spring are a great inspiration for those of us that notice. We planted sunflower and pumkin seeds yesterday, i hope the pumpkin seeds grow into big strong pumkins then we can carve one of our own.This morning i pulled out a herb growing set that a friend bought me probably two years ago in the hopes of getting it planted, hope they still grow lol.

Have a good day :-)

Anonymous said...

Such lovely thoughts and you are most welcome about the Kreative Blogger. I do enjoy yours so much!

Meredith said...

I don't think we even have leaves here!