Mar 18, 2009

....Crawls out of the muck.....

Well I'm still alive! Combined jury duty and a nasty flu has had me rather wiped out for awhile. I read a really good article on Empty Easel about blogging types, and it got me thinking about what I really wanted out of this blog. My favorite blogs that I read every day are generally blogs of other artists, and they do more than just list their latest work -- they really give an insight into their own little worlds. I want to do that! I'm afraid I've slipped into mainly "look what I've painted next!" out of laziness and uncertainty about what to write. I think that sort of blog is good too and I also read many of those, but my favorites are definitely the ones that share an inner world along with the art. So I will now challenge myself to be better at that sort of journaling. :) It's funny, I have kept regular pen and ink journals all of my life and have no trouble at all with those! It's just that I use those for processing thoughts and emotions and not really a list of what I did that day, so I'm not sure how to do that here. Hm. I'll figure this online thing out somehow!
Anyhow, NOW I am going to share some new ACEOs :) -- and they are on auction here if anyone should desire them...


Whale Watcher


Daisy Girl

I think I need to paint a whale again, it was fun! It's an absolutely glorious day here in Northern California, and I spent some of it wandering around outside in the trees and grass. My tiger cat enjoyed it too, we both needed a good airing out. Some of the trees are blossoming, and the beloved lilac bush is showing baby leaf shoots. I can't wait until it is in bloom! I really have to get on myself to go outside and be out in Creation. I get so wrapped up in my little cocoon of desk, paint, and computer that it can sometimes be very draining. Watching movies on Hulu while I paint is nice but there is just nothing like being outside with the beautiful creatures God has made.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Carmen, I just want to say that I've read all of your posts and I absolutely love you. :) Not in a creepy way, I assure you! I'm a lot older than you (52!), but I've loved seeing your work evolve, and I love that you are honest, soulful, and have such a loving spirit. You WILL go far - not only do you have the talent it takes, but you have the soul that it takes. I look forward to reading your blog and watching your artwork evolve and grow for many many more years.
God bless you,
Barbara

Carmen Medlin said...

Aw, thank you so much Barbara! That certainly lifts the spirits. :)

Elena said...

Carmen! I'm sorry you've been sick....I wondered where you disappeared to. Glad you're feeling better and I agree that we need to spend time outside, being inspired by the master artist! I have been "watching" a lot of Hulu while drawing lately too. I'm going through a Mary Tyler Moore phase...how about you?

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous art hon!